How Our Au Pair Hiring Process Works
If you are looking for a position as an au pair in South Africa, we can help! At AuPair Extraordinaire, we specialise in connecting au pairs with families, and we take care of many important details in the process. Because the people we appoint are responsible for the wellbeing of children, we are very careful about who we appoint. As a result, we have one of the most thorough hiring processes in the country. We conduct a multitude of checks and verifications to ensure that we are able to provide our clients with the very best candidates available, while still meeting the aspirational needs of our employees.
While our hiring process is very thorough, it is actually quite simple to apply. Here we explain the process:
- We need to know if you are eligible for application before we go through the process of validation checks and verification. This is why we require our applicants to fill in a brief online survey of their experience, qualifications, and driver ability. This questionnaire will gauge a measure of your abilities, qualifications, citizenship, and driver’s licence, and you will immediately receive a response regarding your suitability as a candidate. If the online response is positive, you can move onto the next step.
- A more detailed questionnaire will follow to which you have to respond. On this page, you will be required to provide more information about your suitability as a candidate. You will need to have a prepared CV to submit on the site, and this will tell us more about your qualifications, your ambitions, and your experience in childcare.
- As with all applications for work, we need credible references through our hiring process from people that you have worked for before. This will consist of contactable and credible references from clients (other than family and friends) for whom you have performed childcare services before.
- Once we have received your CV, we will review this in terms of our policies and expectations. This means that we will thoroughly review your childcare experience and make a decision on whether you are a viable candidate with which we will proceed.
- We conduct a range of checks, which includes previous employers, credit checks, security verification, testimonials from educational facilities, and verification of your credentials and driver’s licence. We may also require you to complete a psychometric test to learn more about you and your personality.
- We want to get to know you through our au pair hiring process, so you need to come in for an interview. This is where we get to meet each other and discuss the working conditions you need, as well as the abilities and objectives you have.
- Once we have approved you as one of our own working au pairs, we do our best to match you with the family that will suit you and the family. This is where you get to meet with prospective employers (and their kids), so that both parties can make an informed choice about suitability and common objectives.
- Once you and a particular employer have found common ground and you are happy to work together, we will draw up your contract and take care of the administrative details. All you have to do is to sign the agreement and you will be working in no time!
If you are looking for work like this, you simply cannot take chances with dodgy contracts and ill-matched families. We want our au pairs and clients to be happy and to find the perfect medium and balance in their relationships. Give our team a call today to find out more about our hiring process!